To play along with classic SmartMusic, you need to record a take. First, make sure you select your part.
- Tap and get ready to play. After the metronome countoff, the piece begins.
- Play the music on-screen. If there is not music on-screen, listen to the accompaniment and play your printed part.
- When there is music on-screen, the green playback cursor shows you where you are in the music.
- When there is not music on-screen, classic SmartMusic displays the current section, bar, and beat.
- If you are playing along with an MP3, classic SmartMusic displays a counter.
To pause or resume a take, tap the screen.
To stop a take early, first pause the take and then tap Stop Take.
Classic SmartMusic saves your performances for you, allowing you to review and replay your favorites.